Author Topic: Issues with receiving data from HWINFO  (Read 2866 times)

Zaanko

Issues with receiving data from HWINFO
« on: 2016-05-02 19:36:07 »
Hey

I've been using LCD Host for several years now, I'm no expert in it or such, but I modified some layout I had found on the forums (WP7) to suit me better than the original one and been using it for a while now. However since I upgraded to Windows 10 lately I could no longer use CoreTemp (which WP7 theme required but is not supported with win10) so for the lolz I decided to check for some cool Layouts on here. I found a really cool app which is some what similar (only much more advanced) to WP7, called ColourBlocks. This app seems to retreive all the data from HWInfo and Fraps. I have a problem with HWInfo and LCDHost. LCD host doesn't seem to read any data from HWInfo (as if it doesn't detect HWInfo at all). From my experience with LCD host when it detects a 3rd party program it enables a dropdown menu where you can select what you want to display on the LCD, however it doesn't open for me at all - making it as if the program isn't running.

Here's a screenshot where LCD host & HWinfo are both running but it doesn't detect it for some reason.

« Last Edit: 2016-05-03 00:03:39 by Zaanko »

Antistar

Re: Issues with receiving data from HWINFO
« Reply #1 on: 2016-05-09 06:08:55 »
Hey, I'm the author of ColourBlocks; glad you like it. :)

I actually just updated from Win 8.1 to Win 10 myself in the past week or so. I was apprehensive about something related to LCDHost not working after the update, but fortunately everything is fine - including HWInfo. I've only ever used HWInfo64 4.40-2240 though, as (some?) later versions seem to have problems with LCDHost or vice-versa - so you might want to try that version.

Zaanko

« Reply #2 on: 2016-05-09 15:58:07 »
Hey there

Thanks for the reply, I was already giving up. Anyway, just a dumb question, am I supposed to set anything in HWInfo / LCDHost to make it work together? or should they work together as soon as both are opened?

I will try to locate the legacy version of HWinfo & see if that functions.

Antistar

« Reply #3 on: 2016-05-10 04:16:08 »
The ColourBlocks readme has some brief info on setting up HWInfo:

Set HWInfo to show sensors on startup, minimise main window and sensors on startup, and to auto start.

And you should probably have a read through the whole thing if you haven't already, in case there's anything you're missing. The readme is just for the layout itself though of course; it doesn't really cover general usage of LCDHost and HWInfo.

I can't remember if I had to do anything special to get the two working, I'm afraid; I did it around a year and a half ago and haven't had to change anything since.

Zaanko

« Reply #4 on: 2016-05-11 17:31:57 »
The ColourBlocks readme has some brief info on setting up HWInfo:

Set HWInfo to show sensors on startup, minimise main window and sensors on startup, and to auto start.

And you should probably have a read through the whole thing if you haven't already, in case there's anything you're missing. The readme is just for the layout itself though of course; it doesn't really cover general usage of LCDHost and HWInfo.

I can't remember if I had to do anything special to get the two working, I'm afraid; I did it around a year and a half ago and haven't had to change anything since.

I did read through all of it, twice :P

The settings that it makas you set are just for automatic startup of the sensor reader & making it automatically minimized.
Shouldn't affect anything that has to do with interaction of LCDH and HWinfo .. I think. From my experience with other 3rd party sensor readers that can be used with LCDHost it automatically detects when the certain program is running. However for me only half of them work or so..