Author Topic: LCDHost and Windows 10  (Read 22206 times)

Antistar

LCDHost and Windows 10
« on: 2015-07-07 10:38:49 »
Just wondering: has anyone tried LCDHost on the Windows 10 beta?

I'll probably upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 once it's out, and I would of course really like to have LCDHost working properly on it. The "Get Windows 10" thing doesn't report any issues with my installed programs - which is promising - but I don't know if it just doesn't say anything if it doesn't recognise a particular program.

Jujuforce

Re: LCDHost and Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: 2015-07-16 09:50:05 »
Hi,

It was working fine for me before installing the new RTM Windows 10 build, now it crash at launch, error : 0xc000007b

Nothing in the logs folder...

Anyone reproducing this issue ? Found a fix ?

thanks!

Phinor

« Reply #2 on: 2015-07-30 07:15:37 »
Updated to Windows 10 last night and unfortunately the exact same issue here. Crash at launch with that same error. I tried previous versions of LCDHost and found out that .34 is the last version that starts properly, but it also has issues: when it starts, it displays on the G19 display for like 2 seconds and then disappears. I haven't found any way to make it stay on the screen but if someone else has ideas, it might be worth investigating. I don't think there's a link to .34 anywhere on the site but I found it just by changing the URL from current download so here's a direct link: http://www.linkdata.se/downloads/software/lcdhost/LCDHost-0-0-34.exe

LCDHost is the one and only plugin I ever use on the display so I do hope this can still be patched up.

KevinGelking

« Reply #3 on: 2015-07-31 20:11:17 »
Heya. The Applet told me to register since it's been running for 4 hours on Windows 10 (actually for more hours, but I just noticed it).
Anyway, I thought I'd come by to say that, for me, the version I downloaded today at this site is working fine for me on Windows 10 and it's the prettiest and most info-packed applet I've used so far. :)

laz91

« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-01 04:45:32 »
Yeak not working for me either with the same error. Tried compatibility mode and a heap of other options to no avail. Would very much appreciate a tech savy individual patching this up

Replicators

« Reply #5 on: 2015-08-01 18:12:18 »
It doesn't look like LCDHost will work for windows 10 until the dev updates it to be compatible, and as far as i seen he has gone missing.

KevinGelking

« Reply #6 on: 2015-08-02 13:14:26 »
Its strange that it's not working for you folks. Do you have up-to-date drivers for Windows 10 from your Keyboard (Logitech I assume) installed and made sure that Windows-Auto-Drivers are disabled? (Go to Advanced System Settings -> Hardware -> Device Installation Settings -> No, let me choose what to do -> Never install driver software from Windows Update )

With latest Logitech Gaming Software (downloaded for Windows 10) and the LCDSirReal (2.8.5) it works fine for me.
I do get the error "2015-07-31 12:15:23 | src/lcd.cpp(186) | can't open the G15 registry key | 000000b7=Cannot create a file when that file already exists.  " but regardless of that the display is working fine.

Phinor

« Reply #7 on: 2015-08-02 14:15:28 »
With latest Logitech Gaming Software (downloaded for Windows 10) and the LCDSirReal (2.8.5) it works fine for me.

We're really talking about LCDHost not working properly but it's good to know that at least LCDSirReal, which is a completely different program, works. It's also supposed to support G19 although only in black&white but if someone doesn't find a fix for LCDHost, LCDSirReal is perhaps an alternative then.

pacoct

« Reply #8 on: 2015-08-02 20:50:01 »
hey
sorry my english is bad...I will try to help as much as possible

lcdhost first did not work...but now it works.. Im happy :)

right click the icon / settings / advanced  click Run as administrator
right click the icon /compatibility/ Run this program in compatibility mode: select windows 7

open LCDHOST /plugins/ Make all green at the bottom
                          / output / select Logitech QVGA device

Close the program completely. (Make sure that the system tray closed from)
Open lcdhost again

Wait a few seconds and will open...

I hope it was understandable. I try to help again. I'm sorry for my bad english :/
« Last Edit: 2015-08-02 21:18:43 by pacoct »

Phinor

« Reply #9 on: 2015-08-02 21:51:06 »

right click the icon /compatibility/ Run this program in compatibility mode: select windows 7

Duh, why didn't I think of that. The above worked perfectly and LCDHost is running fine now, thank you!

Antistar

« Reply #10 on: 2015-08-04 05:23:51 »
That's very good to hear. :)

Now all I have to worry about are the various esoteric programs I use in my Skyrim/Fallout modding. ;)

Brady

« Reply #11 on: 2015-08-04 06:28:36 »
[...]

- right click the icon / settings / advanced  click Run as administrator
- right click the icon /compatibility/ Run this program in compatibility mode: select windows 7
- open LCDHOST / output / select Logitech QVGA device

[...]

I can confirm that this works with LCDHost 0.0.37-win64.

Thanks, dude. I honestly did not know if and how I could handle all of this. LCDHost is pretty much THE perfect G19 application.

pacoct

« Reply #12 on: 2015-08-04 16:11:53 »
you are welcome . Glad I could help :)

xxsodapopxx5

« Reply #13 on: 2015-08-06 14:49:50 »
lcdhost first did not work...but now it works.. Im happy :)

open LCDHOST /plugins/ Make all green at the bottom
                          / output / select Logitech QVGA device

Thanks! this worked for me as well. Mine wasn't crashing when i opened it, it just didn't even start the process even when double clicked... no errors, no logs, but this worked.

tanja84dk

« Reply #14 on: 2015-08-07 09:51:36 »
I dont know why but for me it wont load the drivers so it wont output anything.
And that have started for me since I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

EDIT: I got mine to work in Windows 10 after I run the debug tool ( Load All Unloaded Drivers )
« Last Edit: 2015-08-07 12:58:04 by tanja84dk »