Author Topic: Mouse occasionally freezing  (Read 7227 times)

podonnell

Mouse occasionally freezing
« on: 2014-07-15 00:53:12 »
Just got LCDHost tonight, so pretty new to it. I am running Image, LgLcdMan, and Now Playing for plugins. I am using LCDHost mainly for the album art feature, which is great.

Anyway, I am occasionally experiencing a freezing of my mouse. It will get stuck in place and then a few seconds later it will start functioning again.

I do have my mouse plugged into my keyboard, so I am wondering if there is an issue with data bandwidth at times. This did not happen before installing LCDHost.

Has this issue been reported before? Any thing that I can try?

Many thanks!

novax1

• Global Moderator
Re: Mouse occasionally freezing
« Reply #1 on: 2014-07-16 08:22:17 »
Just got LCDHost tonight, so pretty new to it. I am running Image, LgLcdMan, and Now Playing for plugins. I am using LCDHost mainly for the album art feature, which is great.

Anyway, I am occasionally experiencing a freezing of my mouse. It will get stuck in place and then a few seconds later it will start functioning again.

I do have my mouse plugged into my keyboard, so I am wondering if there is an issue with data bandwidth at times. This did not happen before installing LCDHost.

Has this issue been reported before? Any thing that I can try?

Many thanks!

hi there
mouse that uses depending if the surface where the mouse is not moving properly this often happens.
sies Use digital solution without a custom drawing for the infrared does not bounce.
I mean if with infrared LED on the bottom.
seek advice on the internet on your mouse

podonnell

« Reply #2 on: 2014-07-28 18:23:24 »
Hello,

This is certainly not my problem. Only when LCDHost is open, occassionally my mouse will stop in place, and then it will move again after a few seconds.

The only thing I can think of is because I am plugged into my keyboard with my mouse, maybe LCDhost is taking up too much power and causing this issue.

micpt

« Reply #3 on: 2014-07-29 14:36:23 »
try to take another USB port for your mouse.

maybe LCDHost is asking to often the data via usb from rhe G19 - so your mouse freezes.

Tray also setting the FPS down in LCDHosts (System Tab) from 30 to 10 - this could help

podonnell

« Reply #4 on: 2014-07-29 23:13:34 »

maybe LCDHost is asking to often the data via usb from rhe G19 - so your mouse freezes.

Tray also setting the FPS down in LCDHosts (System Tab) from 30 to 10 - this could help

Unfortunately lowering the FPS and moving the mouse to another USB port did not fix the issue. Every so often I am still getting a frozen mouse, only when the application is open.

novax1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 2014-07-30 16:35:15 »

Unfortunately lowering the FPS and moving the mouse to another USB port did not fix the issue. Every so often I am still getting a frozen mouse, only when the application is open.
you approved, to be installed in clean LCDhost.?

podonnell

« Reply #6 on: 2014-07-31 13:18:14 »

Do you mean clean install? Defaults? I did not really change much.

Something keeps causing a mouse lag, mouse freezing, or maybe it is locking up my whole computer for a quick second. But it appears that my mouse light goes off and then back on quickly.

novax1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 2014-07-31 15:53:09 »

Do you mean clean install? Defaults? I did not really change much.

Something keeps causing a mouse lag, mouse freezing, or maybe it is locking up my whole computer for a quick second. But it appears that my mouse light goes off and then back on quickly.
use at your responsibility
1-Uninstall from panel control LCDhost,
2-Browse to the folder, documents, and manually delete LCDhost.
press right mouse button above and delete.
3-There is a way to clean the registry, to eliminate installation errors.
4-Home Box type, REGEDIT and you hit enter.
In the next window, find HKEY_CURRENT_USER, open that option open that option seeks Software, Search Link Data, mark it with the mouse, and right i delete.
5-Then reboot.
6-Start the installation as administrator, do not modify the installation destination
« Last Edit: 2014-07-31 15:56:41 by novax1 »

novax1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 2014-07-31 16:00:23 »
podonnell
explanation if the error persists  ??? can be mouse mouse failure.
then try the a, clean underneath the mouse with a brush, the powder may be cause for those errors.
« Last Edit: 2014-07-31 16:04:25 by novax1 »

micpt

« Reply #9 on: 2014-08-05 16:12:53 »
Hi,

this sounds strange ..

have you another mouse to check if there is the same behavior with the new mouse?
or can you uninstall LCDhost for some day to see if the freezing has stopped?

in my book  - it must be something with the USB-polling.

BTW. whih mouse do you have ?

novax1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: 2014-08-11 07:40:12 »
Hi,

recently started using LCDHost, absolutely amazing. Although my mouse randomly freezes with this program running.

The mouse wont start working again until i un-plug it from the USB port and plug it back in.

My mouse is Razer Lachesis, and is plugged in directly to the motherboard on the I/O panel (not on the g19 usb).

Tried my other mice and same issue.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Wouldn't be so annoying but when im playing CS:GO competitive and my mouse freezes its pretty stressful.

many thanks.

Nilkin

« Reply #11 on: 2014-08-12 09:40:58 »
This happens to me as well,  using Logitech G700s mouse..  Also tried other mice same happens..

Took me a bit pin this down did not know what it was that was freezing the mouse, removed LCD host no more mouse freezing..

Nilkin

« Reply #12 on: 2014-08-13 10:24:03 »
One last thing been using AIDA64 had zero problems with this,  there is something strange going on with this LCD host.

It's a shame really it's a good program,  think it needs looking into though..

CrashBR

« Reply #13 on: 2016-04-19 04:16:07 »
Guys, I have same problem.

My mouse is a Razer Mamba 4G, and freeze when i playing a game. Only when LCDHost is open.

Any solution?