Author Topic: Quick Action, G15, soft buttons  (Read 8591 times)

ph4

Quick Action, G15, soft buttons
« on: 2013-11-07 20:06:00 »
As the title states, I own a logitech G15v2 keyboard. I've created myself 4 different layouts which i want to use. My plan was to call different layouts with quick action. Quick action works, when I select Auto Trigger, or when I define  trigger key with one of the standard buttons. But I cannot get it to work with those 4 soft buttons under the LCD.

Is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance.

tobes1978

Re: Quick Action, G15, soft buttons
« Reply #1 on: 2018-10-25 10:04:29 »
Not sure if anyone still uses LCDhost and it's a bit of a late response to this but if you're interested, I may have found a solution to your problem haha.
I recently started building layouts for my g19 and was having the same problem. I stumbled across a solution to mapping the soft buttons. Using the GUI in LCDhost didn't work for me for the soft keys but for some reason the standard keyboard buttons and special "g" keys did work so I looked into the layout file (xml) to see what the differences were in the code.
I found that the code for soft keys needs to be slight modified to make it work. If you open the xml file using notepad or notepad++ and find the below code and modify the str and int on the second line in the following text, the soft keys should work. I've used the "Menu" button for example below

Old
<value type="QString">Menu pressed @ Logitech G19 keyboard</value>
<extra str="" int="-2"/>

New
<value type="QString">Menu pressed @ Logitech G19 keyboard</value>
<extra str="Menu" int=""/>

This worked for me, hope this works for you (if you still use your G15) haha