Author Topic: Creating an updated Game plugin - Need help  (Read 3241 times)

SouthernGenius

Creating an updated Game plugin - Need help
« on: 2012-01-15 19:06:33 »
When DDO is loaded, the old B&W plugin loads. Where is this at in the filesystem or source code? I would like to remake this free to play MMO screen for my AWESOME g19. I am a programmer, so I just need someone to point me in the right direction. it looks like it is pulling from some memory address to get updated health stats. Or is it some log file? Someone get me started and I will try to become more involved with supporting this nice LCDhost utility. Ive only had this keyboard for a week, so bear with me as I learn some new APIs etc. I can't wait to share it, I already have a beautiful layout ready. (Graphics pulled directly from custom game UI)

Even the smallest amount of help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and keep up the great work.

Ender91

• Alpha & Omega
Re: Creating an updated Game plugin - Need help
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-15 19:15:20 »
Hey!
Looks like your arriving right on time....;)
I've made a few post about the plugin called DataViewer, which can either read data from a log file, or directly from memory.
The first one is pretty easy: once you've your log file, all you need is to set up a parsing file.
As for the second, I'm currently working on it, with Cheat Engine, attempting to find base addresses in memory so i can made a layout working for everybody....(see my other post in Layout section).
I'll gladly offer some help (Triscopic too I suppose...;))..... Or receive some.....  :P as it's very time consuming....

micpt

« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-16 19:32:35 »
tsearch is also a nice software and you will find lot of tutorials how to find values with this tool.

but like i said it before - some puplisher don´t like when you try to get into their game - it can be recognize as cheating - and you can get a Ban. EA is such a publisher ..

Ender91

• Alpha & Omega
« Reply #3 on: 2012-01-16 19:47:38 »
but like i said it before - some puplisher don´t like when you try to get into their game - it can be recognize as cheating - and you can get a Ban. EA is such a publisher ..
I totally agree, but others don't watch for software that are just reading memory, without modifying any values.... Worth a try for those games.....;)

micpt

« Reply #4 on: 2012-01-17 19:09:18 »
i´m shure nobody is playing this games - i would give my half arm for a ingamestat of BF3 ;)

Ender91

• Alpha & Omega
« Reply #5 on: 2012-01-17 19:23:50 »
Well i'm not sure nobody's playing Skyrim, or Fallout New Vega.....Or... ;)

micpt

« Reply #6 on: 2012-01-19 13:15:56 »
you´re right - there are a lot of games :)

i just started to play StarTrek Online - it becames yesterday a Free2Play Game ... that can be also a good practice to get data on the G19.

Maybee we should take one game and work together for a first try. I just checked Tsearch to get the memoryadresse of values but i have no idea how to use DataViewer to get the data from these adresses.

Ender91

• Alpha & Omega
« Reply #7 on: 2012-01-19 20:42:42 »
Really good idea, some common work would be great (it takes soooo long to find base addresses....), i'm going to download StarTrek for testing purpose once i've some time (normally next week). We are going to provide a little how-to for the DataViewer with Tricopic, it's not really complicated.....

micpt

« Reply #8 on: 2012-01-20 13:42:47 »
that sounds good ..

let´s decide what values should be seen on the LCDdisplay
then try to find them in the memory
and get them via DV on the display.

btw. STO has native G1x support - but it isreally basic - start the game then switch via G19 Software or Keys to STO-LCD Output - there are 5 values  ???
« Last Edit: 2012-01-20 20:20:48 by micpt »

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #9 on: 2012-01-21 12:23:01 »
Just remember the problem with doing this for games that are still "under support": every patch can and usually does change all the memory addresses.

It does work better with older games that are out of support as the lack of updates means the addresses are not going to change. Still if you don't mind re-finding all the addresses after each patch, then that's fine.

SouthernGenius

« Reply #10 on: 2012-01-23 18:46:07 »
Thanks for all the replies. I've been super busy, so just getting back to this. Since these games are natively supported, one would think you shouldn't get banned for memory reads. I'll do some memory hunting but I may need a little more help when it comes to layout time. Thanks and I can't wait for the upcoming Tutorial. For me, information sure is difficult to find for these plugins and how they work. I will get serious about it this week, I promise!!  ;D