Author Topic: [Release] LH_NowPlaying (v3.00)  (Read 99783 times)

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
Re: [Release] LH_NowPlaying (v3.00)
« Reply #165 on: 2012-01-16 18:21:20 »
using Foobar quite a lot I can say that neither of the wrappers work that great. half of the time info don't get displayed in lcdhost. Sure it shows Winamp (as it is a wrapper) but beyond that no trackinfo or things like that :(
dug a bit further. If you start winamp first and then foobar after it it does work. Running foobar alone doesn't.

Anyone else see this?

Are you saying if you open winamp then close winamp then open foobar it works?

Cyc

« Reply #166 on: 2012-01-16 18:39:57 »
Ok, next release of NP will allow you to turn off reading data from specific players if you really don't want to watch them. How does that sound?
That'd be it, thanks!

Hakker

« Reply #167 on: 2012-01-18 16:30:19 »
using Foobar quite a lot I can say that neither of the wrappers work that great. half of the time info don't get displayed in lcdhost. Sure it shows Winamp (as it is a wrapper) but beyond that no trackinfo or things like that :(
dug a bit further. If you start winamp first and then foobar after it it does work. Running foobar alone doesn't.

Anyone else see this?

Are you saying if you open winamp then close winamp then open foobar it works?
Most of the times. Also the plugin does crash a lot though. been using it 10 days and crashed 12 times so far :( i will keep on testing seeing if I can give more info

Ok tested some more. stability of the plugin itself is still an issue and Foo_Winamp_spam is the main problem. The plugin is so outdated (not being updated for years) that it has tons of problems I would suggest removing all info for even using it and only mention Rainmeter. On another note: the source of Foo_Winamp_spam is posted on github since a week, dunno if there is some interest in it though You can get the source at GitHub.
« Last Edit: 2012-01-19 12:33:34 by Hakker »

Hakker

« Reply #168 on: 2012-01-20 20:01:46 »
Also found out that it conflicts with AMIP (the irc plugin). It seems to me all info gets sent then to the AMIP plugin and for some reason only spams it to the first plugin that requests it. I doubt it is fixable but it might be helpful :)
« Last Edit: 2012-01-20 21:21:15 by Hakker »

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #169 on: 2012-01-21 11:36:16 »
Also the plugin does crash a lot though. been using it 10 days and crashed 12 times so far  i will keep on testing seeing if I can give more info

Yes, It's in my to-do list, but I didn't write most of the source code for this plugin - I don't have the time (or desire) to master all the different APIs, so I prefer to find other open source code and adapt it to LCDHost. That makes bug fixing harder. Worse still the code is perfectly stable when run in development environment. It only plays up once it's compiled for release, which makes pinning down the cause of the issues a mountain sized task.

Also found out that it conflicts with AMIP (the irc plugin). It seems to me all info gets sent then to the AMIP plugin and for some reason only spams it to the first plugin that requests it. I doubt it is fixable but it might be helpful :)

Yes that sounds more like problem with the API itself and just can't be resolved.

Does the rainmeter plugin work better? (Although I realise that will stop it working with IRC)

tobearu

« Reply #170 on: 2012-02-19 10:19:48 »
I would like to retain track info for a track *when it has stopped playing*.  This way, I'll know what would be played if I press the media key.  It also stops parts of a layout from disappearing when playback ends.  Using the Eos Music layout as an example, it gets pretty empty if you push stop.

Not asking for something that can detect tracks that are loaded but not playing; that's probably complicated with all the different players out there.  It could just be an option not to clear the variables if the status goes to "stop", and maybe clearing them all if there's no player.

Hakker

« Reply #171 on: 2012-02-19 17:03:34 »
Also the plugin does crash a lot though. been using it 10 days and crashed 12 times so far  i will keep on testing seeing if I can give more info

Yes, It's in my to-do list, but I didn't write most of the source code for this plugin - I don't have the time (or desire) to master all the different APIs, so I prefer to find other open source code and adapt it to LCDHost. That makes bug fixing harder. Worse still the code is perfectly stable when run in development environment. It only plays up once it's compiled for release, which makes pinning down the cause of the issues a mountain sized task.

Yes that sounds more like problem with the API itself and just can't be resolved.

Does the rainmeter plugin work better? (Although I realise that will stop it working with IRC)
somehow missed the reaction. Anyways Rainmeter is in my opinion better dll to use. As for IRC basically every plugin will break that. It something API releated and not LCDhost plugin related. The stability issue does remain for both Nowplaying as well as Drivestats. At this time of writing they have now crashed 37 and 32 times and I think but don't pin me to it that it has to do with initial startup of the machine where it goes wrong. Once I load them they generally keep working.

novax1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: 2012-03-06 12:29:19 »
when you select the image to display the thumbnail size is huge
 show an image
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/tamaoimagen.png/

SirReal

• Administrator
    • linkdata.se
« Reply #173 on: 2012-03-06 13:08:18 »
Lol, thanks. That's a bit too big, indeed. I know why, it's related to one of the bug fixes in A23. I'll add a bug report for that.

novax1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: 2012-03-08 12:16:13 »
hello
 I try to put different images of the player status, stop, Paused
 mepueden have to say that according to this written where I show image.
 to work well. all I'm no use to me thanks.
can give an example :(

« Last Edit: 2012-03-08 12:20:46 by novax1 »

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #175 on: 2012-03-08 18:22:32 »
I would like to retain track info for a track *when it has stopped playing*.  This way, I'll know what would be played if I press the media key.  It also stops parts of a layout from disappearing when playback ends.  Using the Eos Music layout as an example, it gets pretty empty if you push stop.

Not asking for something that can detect tracks that are loaded but not playing; that's probably complicated with all the different players out there.  It could just be an option not to clear the variables if the status goes to "stop", and maybe clearing them all if there's no player.

What player are you using?

I try to put different images of the player status, stop, Paused
 mepueden have to say that according to this written where I show image.
 to work well. all I'm no use to me thanks.
can give an example :(

You need to write conditions. Eos shows you how.

tobearu

« Reply #176 on: 2012-03-10 03:36:39 »
Ah, sorry for not specifying.  I primarily use Winamp, so I don't know the behavior with the other players.  I do know it's a non-issue for iTunes though, since it lacks the stop function all together...

I was trying to imitate the effect with what's available, but there seems to be no good way to store data values.  I also found the logic box somewhat non-intuitive, just wanted to do something like "if [input 1] equals x, output [input 2]; otherwise output 0" but it doesn't seem to be capable of that?  Or does that require staggering/nesting logic boxes?  I guess I'm used to thinking in terms of conditional programming logic.  Sorry for going off-topic, but there seems to be neither source nor forum thread for the LogicBox plugin.

Hakker

« Reply #177 on: 2012-03-11 14:17:01 »
Found a bug. I don't know if it's Rainmeter/Foobar or Nowplaying plugin related but here it goes.

With foobar you can use cue sheets to play mix cd's better for some reason LCDhost only shows the first song and time for the first track. It does however fill my progress bar with each new song in the cue sheet but it's based of the first song.

Triscopic

• ˙ǝıl ɐ sı ǝʞɐɔ ǝɥʇ
« Reply #178 on: 2012-03-18 16:47:09 »
Ah, sorry for not specifying.  I primarily use Winamp, so I don't know the behavior with the other players.  I do know it's a non-issue for iTunes though, since it lacks the stop function all together...

Ah right. It's built to differentiate between "paused" (I might want to resume this later) and "stopped" (I'm finished playing music). I can't remember if the whole API works that way or if it's just my implementation of it. I'll look into it eventually, but it won't be for a while. You might want to raise a bug in the tracker.

I was trying to imitate the effect with what's available, but there seems to be no good way to store data values. 

No, currently all the plugins are meant to show you current data. I don't currently have any plan to implement anything to store and display "out-of-date" values.

I also found the logic box somewhat non-intuitive, just wanted to do something like "if [input 1] equals x, output [input 2]; otherwise output 0" but it doesn't seem to be capable of that?  Or does that require staggering/nesting logic boxes?  I guess I'm used to thinking in terms of conditional programming logic.  Sorry for going off-topic, but there seems to be neither source nor forum thread for the LogicBox plugin.

Yes, logic boxes don't have a way to force the output to another input, although I've been thinking about that.

Found a bug. I don't know if it's Rainmeter/Foobar or Nowplaying plugin related but here it goes.

With foobar you can use cue sheets to play mix cd's better for some reason LCDhost only shows the first song and time for the first track. It does however fill my progress bar with each new song in the cue sheet but it's based of the first song.

I'm almost certain that's a problem in the plugin. Sorry.

novax1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: 2012-04-26 18:03:12 »
You need to write conditions. Eos shows you how. winamp

impossible to find a way to change the images no longer have to try more.
 Please could say to change explaining the images. that is not where